Monday 11 May 2015

Masters of the Mechanicum

Well, my plans for the weekend didn’t quite work out.  Between people turning up un-announced and people I knew were coming arriving early I didn’t get as much hobby time as I’d have liked.

 One good thing to happen though was the post man brought me (most of) the parts I was waiting for to start working on my Archmagos Prime’s Abeyant.  That’s not to say I don’t like the FW Abeyant, ‘coz I do,  it just doesn’t fit my Archmagos.  As an Ordinator I wanted something that looked a bit more capable of mounting heavy weapons. Crappy phone pics are crappy but I was short on time!
 
 
So its still an early WIP,  most of it is just pinned at this point while I figure out where everything is going to go.  I also need to decide on how to make its primary armament, a Graviton Imploder!
 
The Rotor cannon is taken from the Taurox kit and a MkIV Dreads Assault Drill but I think works quite well.
 
I’d had the idea for the grav plates for a while, using the central console from a drop pod surrounded by the hanging lamps from the cities of death buildings, obviously there’s still quite a bit of work to do, lots of cables and whatnot to connect it to the main chassis but It’s looking just like I wanted to so I’m happy at this stage.

I think I need to trim the back one a bit.

The Magos itself is really the only bit I’m not certain of at the moment, but there’s a lot of greenstuff work to do so maybe I’ll feel better when its closer to done.

I’ve also checked together this chap on a whim:
 
 
I’m not sure yet if he’s destined for one of my INQ28 warbands (which I will get round to photographing this week) or as a lesser magos in my Mechanicum force which is why he's not on a base yet.  Again he’s early WIP so I’ll probably decide as I work on him more.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment