Thursday 21 May 2015

++E Tenebrae Lux++

I love a good challenge.  Especially hobby challenges, they bring out a real community spirit, more so than normal (I’ve found over the years that the Heresy has an amazing community, especially compared to normal 40k). 

With that, Bolter & Chainsword has started their E Tenebrae Lux painting challenge.  For those not familiar it’s an inter subforum painting challenge. Each subforum (Chaos, Space Marines, Horus Heresy etc) collects vows from its members (up to 5 vows of up to 3k each) and then the challenge begins, paint your vowed models before the challenge ends and your team gets the points equal to what you’ve painted, if you fail then you lose the points not only for that vow but for all your vows.  So vow carefully! 

I must admit I watched the challenge last year,  I was having a bit of a hobby lull at the time and didn’t really feel up to it anyway.  This year though I’m ready (well, ish) and really looking forward to it.  If anyone’s thinking of entering, remember your vows need to be in before the 1st of June so you have 10 days to decide! 

My first vow is:

 “I Rolltonotdie rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

Legion Moritat with Volkite Charger, 2x Volkite Serpenta & Refractor Field (125pts)

Legion Heavy Support Squad with Nuncio Vox, Augury Scanner, Power Weapon & 9x Volkite Culverins (240pts)

Legion Contemptor Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon & Plasma Blaster (205pts)

Legion Typhon Siege Tank with Lascannons, Armoured Ceramite & Havoc Launcher (425pts)

from The Legions Astartes Crusade Armylist of total value 995 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to The IVth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!”

and here’s how that looks!
 
Pizza box is not part of pledge... 

I just finished putting the Culverins together last night, which was awful, getting those belt feeds to line up and not snap was a singularly painful experience but I’m glad the units done, if only so I never have to go through that again! 

I quickly primed them this morning so here’s a few primed shots:

 



 

 
 
 
You’ve probably noticed a lot of volkite love in my force so far (I’ve also got a Tactical Support Squad with Calivers in the pipeline),  a strange choice for the primarily siege focussed IVth Legion.  I’ve been writing background for this force for a long time based around my regular opponents, the main one being Orks so I figured even the notoriously stubborn Iron Warriors wouldn’t ignore the obvious benefits of Volkite weaponry against the relatively unarmoured Orks and so a Volkite toting Moritat, two Volkite armed squads and even this contemptor was originally meant to be armed with a Volkite Culverin.

 

Hopefully I’ll see some of you over on B&C!

 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment