Tuesday 5 May 2015

Shatterer finished! Arm breaching charges & Xenos Sighted!


It was close, very very close but I finished the Shatterer pattern Contemptor in time for the completion over on The First Expedition.  I’m pretty happy with how he turned out.  I’m just waiting for transfers to arrive to finish him off now.

 

Ancient Caranore

A veteran of the final wars for Unification on Terra Caranore has truly earned his honorific title as an ancient of the 6th Grand Battalion. Inducted into the IVth Legion from Albion stock Caranore found his place first among the Despoiler and later the Breacher cadres, naturally aggressive but not reckless he had a good tactical sense and was able to read the shifting battlefield with sometimes frightening accuracy. He swiftly moved up the ranks first becoming a Sergeant before being inducted into legion command as a detachment and then company commander, briefly spending time as a Siegebreaker before finally ascending to command of a Grand Battallion.

 
 

Caranore led the 6th capably if unexceptionally on five system level compliances and a single sector level compliance, bringing, in total, twenty six worlds into the Imperium’s illumination.  He also held the company together through their reunion with their Primarch Perturabo and the brutal punishment he inflicted for their perceived failings as a legion.  Caranore had no particular love for his Primarch, the father he had never known seemed cold and distant, so it was that Caranore turned his gaze back to the Emperor, who had been much more of an inspirational figurehead to him than his own Primarch had been. 

 

Caranore finally fell on the during the Ork wars on Charadon, caught in a stray shell blast from xenos artillery even as the battle reached its final minutes.  Caranore clung to life but there was little the apothecarion could do to save his ruined body. Instead Caranore was interred into the shell of a Contemptor, one of the few Shatterer patterns the company still possessed and was given life anew.

 



  

Now that he’s complete I’ve started working on some infantry,  I had to respray the Cataphracts as I’d somehow managed to miss a large bit of them when I sprayed them so while I was at it I sprayed the first five marines of a Breacher squad, designated Squad Hesperus.  The second pic came out a bit blurry but there’s not a massive amount to see at this point so I’m not too worried, I’ll take better ones of the whole squad when they’re finished.
 
 

 
And finally, not related to my Iron Warriors, but still tied into my projects as once I get round to writing the campaign fluff for my IW’s this will be one of the antagonists,  I’ve been working on an Autarch for my Eldar.  She needs a lot of GS work but I’m happy with where she’s headed.  Speaking of headsd, she has 2 and I can’t decide whether to use the helmeted or unhelmeted one, both are WIP so still need some GS work to finish off but I’m looking for opinions on both.
 
 
 
 

So which do you think I should go for?

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment